samba cross compiling
mokhtar
2007-03-28 20:45:08 UTC
Hi

I need to build samba on a board with mips processor

so I executed configures with theses options ( samba-3.0.24)

./configure --with-sendfile-support --without-winbind CC=mips-linux-gcc
CPP=mips-linux-cpp --host=mips-linux

I got a warning

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
SAMBA VERSION: 3.0.24

and an error
checking for prctl... yes
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.

attached config.log
http://www.nabble.com/file/7487/config.log config.log
So How to avoid these warning and correct the error?

Is there a docment ( tutorial) about cross compiling samba ?
James Peach
2007-03-29 01:41:08 UTC
Post by mokhtar
Hi
I need to build samba on a board with mips processor
so I executed configures with theses options ( samba-3.0.24)
./configure --with-sendfile-support --without-winbind CC=mips-linux-
gcc
CPP=mips-linux-cpp --host=mips-linux
I got a warning
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
Remove --host=mips-linux from the configure line.
Post by mokhtar
If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
SAMBA VERSION: 3.0.24
and an error
checking for prctl... yes
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
You'll need to create a config.site file to preload the results of all
the tests that require an AC_TRY_RUN.

James Peach | ***@samba.org
mokhtar
2007-04-03 19:14:56 UTC
I removed --host=mips-linux
but I got error

./configure --with-sendfile-support --without-winbind CC=mips-linux-gcc
CPP=mips-linux-cpp
configure: loading site script /usr/local/samba/share/config.site
SAMBA VERSION: 3.0.24
checking for -fPIE... yes
checking for gcc... mips-linux-gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
James Peach
2007-04-03 20:48:30 UTC
Post by mokhtar
I removed --host=mips-linux
but I got error
./configure --with-sendfile-support --without-winbind CC=mips-linux-
gcc
CPP=mips-linux-cpp
configure: loading site script /usr/local/samba/share/config.site
SAMBA VERSION: 3.0.24
checking for -fPIE... yes
checking for gcc... mips-linux-gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
Here's what I do:
CONFIG_SITE=config.site configure --build=<build host type> \
--host=<target host type>

--
James Peach | ***@samba.org