vfs_fruit: Add capability to advertise FULLSYNC
Github bot account via samba-technical
2017-11-19 15:46:04 UTC
New comment by derkostka on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/64#issuecomment-345526312
Comment:
Works perfectly, i just compiled samba 4.8
Github bot account via samba-technical
2017-11-22 01:23:24 UTC
New comment by Henrik41 on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/64#issuecomment-346214078
Comment:
I am a bit disoriented and new at this. I have an Ubuntu 16.04 (LTE) with samba 4.3.11-Ubuntu
I need to install this patch to use samba for my Time machine but don't know where to go from there. Any help is welcom
Github bot account via samba-technical
2017-11-22 05:02:25 UTC
New comment by andrewmiskell on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/64#issuecomment-346244381
Comment:
@Henrik41 it's not a simple patch, you'll need to download the source and compile/install it yourself as the official release of 4.8 isn't available yet. you won't see it in a simple package form until then and even then, you may need to upgrade your version of Ubuntu if the samba 4.8 package isn't made available for that
Github bot account via samba-technical
2018-01-06 14:53:22 UTC
New comment by iliv on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/64#issuecomment-355751862
Comment:
@Henrik41 somewhere in the middle of this discussion @enke5 mentioned that he was trying to include this patch in official Ubuntu samba package for version 4.3. I am wondering too if they succeeded, or not. @enke5 can you, please, tell us how things are looking for 4.3 on Ubuntu 16? I personally would love to see this patch in 4.3 and not having to wait for 4.8, which won't be shipped a
Github bot account via samba-technical
2018-04-08 12:29:34 UTC
New comment by warwickchapman on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/64#issuecomment-379546760
Comment:
Sean, it will run on 16.04 but you must build it from scratch: I've written instructions on doing this at http://wa.rwick.com/2018/04/08/minimal-ubunt
Github bot account via samba-technical
2018-04-29 10:21:49 UTC
New comment by msklvsk on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/64#issuecomment-385241044
Comment:
18.04 has 4.7.6…
https://launchpad.net
Github bot account via samba-technical
2018-04-29 12:04:38 UTC
New comment by satmandu on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/64#issuecomment-385246504
Comment:
That's as expected. 18.04 was in pre-release lockdown by the time samba 4.8.0 was released.

Use at your own risk, but for what it is worth, adding debian experimental as an apt source in 18.04 and installing samba using apt from debian experimental seems to work just
Github bot account via samba-technical
2018-04-30 12:34:47 UTC
New comment by satmandu on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/64#issuecomment-385385540
Comment:
FYI you can't install (or upgrade) debian experimental's Samba 4.8.1 on ubuntu 18.04 without also in